In our desire to honour Christ and care for His church, any man serving as elder will joyfully affirm the following vows publicly when installed as an elder at Rolleston Baptist Church during a regular membership meeting of the church.
Rolleston Baptist Church: Elder’s Vows
- Do you reaffirm your faith in Jesus Christ as your own personal Lord and Saviour?
- Do you believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God, totally trustworthy, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, the supreme, final, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice?
- Do you sincerely believe the Articles of Faith* of this church contain the truth taught in the Holy Scriptures?
- Do you promise that if at any time you find yourself out of accord with any of the statements in the Articles of Faith you will on your own initiative make known to the pastor and other elders the change which has taken place in your views since your assumption of this vow?
- Do you subscribe to the government and discipline of Rolleston Baptist Church?
- Do you promise to submit to your fellow elders in the Lord?
- Have you been induced, as far as you know your own heart, to accept the office of elder from love of God and sincere desire to promote His glory in the Gospel of His Son?
- Do you promise to be zealous and faithful in promoting the truths of the Gospel and the purity and peace of the Church, whatever persecution or opposition may arise to you on that account?
- Will you be faithful and diligent in the exercise of all your duties as elder, whether personal or relative, private or public, and will you endeavor by the grace of God to adorn the profession of the Gospel in your manner of life, and to walk with exemplary piety before this congregation?
- Are you now willing to take personal responsibility in the life of this congregation as an elder to oversee the ministry and resources of the church, and to devote yourself to prayer, the ministry of the Word and the shepherding of God’s flock, relying upon the grace of God, in such a way that Rolleston Baptist Church, and the entire Church of Jesus Christ will be blessed?
*Articles of Faith which must be affirmed by an elder include: